Which wing band is best for you?
Start by figuring out what your identification goal is, and what your wing band will need to be able to do to achieve this goal. All wing bands can be stamped, but if you want a barcode your style options are more limited.
|Wing Band Stamping, Laser Etching, and Fusion Options|
|Wing Band Style #||Stamped||Laser Etched Characters||Laser Etched Barcodes||Fusion Markings (Characters, Barcodes)|
|Jiffy 893 & 893B||Yes||No||No||No|
|Tab End 898-2.75||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Tab End 898-3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tab End 898-4||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Atlas Seal 8906-2 & 8906-2.5||Yes||No||No||No|
Stamping (with and without Paint Fill)
Stamping will last and stay readable
Laser Etched Characters
Etching may wear off bands after a few months depending on the use
Fusion marking will last the longest and stay vibrant and visible
***Barcodes will require a scanner, scanners are available for purchase or sample bands are available to test with your own scanners.
- Style 890-2.75, 890-3, 890-4
- The Zip is our most popular wing band. It is pre-formed with a rivet that makes the band tamper-resistant when sealed with our applicator.
- The Zip comes in several colors and can have colored eyelets for easy color-coded identification.
- Style 893 (Aluminum) and Style 893B (Brass)
- The Jiffy is designed as a one-step application with its self-piercing design and reinforced piercing point.
- The Jiffy is a popular style for those new to wing banding because of its easy to use, self-piercing feature.
- It is the only wing band available in a brass material.
- Tab End Style 898-2.75, 898-3, and 898-4
- Does not require an applicator, can be closed by hand.
- Popular for breeders and broiler chickens.
- Zip Style 892-3
- Is pre-formed with a drawn tube to create a tamper-resistant seal when sealed with our applicator
- Atlas Seal Style 8906-2 and 8906-2.5
- Is narrow with a pointed end
- Self-Piercing Style 681A
- A wing band for large birds such as turkeys. Also, used as an ear tag for smaller livestock animals. Aluminum is recommended for birds.
Wing Banding Size Guide
- Size 3 wing bands are our most popular size wing bands because they fit on most birds. Size 2.5 and 2.75 may be used for smaller species, and Size 4 can be used on larger species. They may look too large on a chick, but the chick will grow into it and it won’t bother them as an adult.
Now that you’ve picked out your wing band style, view our blog on How-To Apply your Wing Band!