Archive for month: September, 2021
2021 is the 15th World Rabies Day, hosted by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC). This year’s World Rabies Day theme is: “Rabies: Facts, not Fear”. For rabies, fears, misconceptions and misinformation about the disease and its prevention dates back hundreds of years. This year’s theme is focused on sharing facts about rabies, and not spreading fear about the disease by relying on misinformation and myths.
Facts: Facts are essential for raising disease awareness, preventing rabies cases, having the animal population vaccinated, and educating people about the dangers of rabies and how to prevent it. Without facts we would not have data for decision-makers to inform them of the serious nature of the disease. We would not be able to advocate for its elimination and the burden of the disease would remain unknown, resulting in tens of thousands of people and animals continuing to die from rabies each year. Let us use facts to raise awareness and educate others about rabies, a 99% fatal, yet 100% preventable disease.
Fear: The word “fear” has three meanings in this year’s theme. Firstly, it relates to the general fear caused by rabies, the fear people experience when encountering rabid animals, and the fear that people live with in communities plagued by rabies. The second meaning relates directly to the symptom of fear that people may experience when infected with rabies. Lastly, fear relates to the fear caused by ‘fake news’ or myths about rabies – making people afraid of vaccination, making people afraid to get their animals sterilized or vaccinated, and making people believe in ineffective treatments for the disease.
World Rabies Day was created to raise awareness and advocate for rabies elimination globally and is designed to unite all people, organizations, and stakeholders against rabies. World Rabies Day is held every year on September 28. This date was chosen as it is the anniversary of the death of Louis Pasteur, the first person to successfully create a vaccine against rabies. Collaboration is critical for success and everyone is encouraged to take part. The only way that we can eliminate rabies and end the needless suffering is by working together and uniting towards a common goal – the goal of Zero by 30. Learn more about World Rabies Day at: www.rabiesalliance.org/world-rabies-day
National Band & Tag Company is an avid supporter of rabies vaccinations, as a family owned manufacturer of rabies vaccination tags.
Tips For Designing Your Vineyard Row ID Tags
What info are you needing on your tags? We customize the tags with any information you want on them, so you will need to tell us what exactly you want. Usually, our customer’s tags feature info such as: block number, row number, clone, rootstock, grape type, year planted, logo, company name, etc. Knowing what text and artwork you want on your tags will help you in the next step, picking a tag style.
Which style tag should I get? We have multiple tag styles to choose from, but to help narrow it down for you, here are our most popular styles for Vineyard Tags.
- RECTANGLE TAGS: Style #14ARBOR: 3″x5″ with 5/32″ holes top & bottom. (These tag blanks are kept in stock so they will ship out faster). Style #14: Rectangle with rounded corners, comes in multiple heights/lengths, with the most common being 1-1/4″ x 4″. (Holes are usually are on the left and right side so the tag can be bent around a post and nailed in).
- ROUND TAGS: Style #116 (1-3/4″) and Style #93 (2″) are our two largest sizes for metal tags. If you want plastic tags, we offer Style #7366 that is 2-5/8″. There are limitations for the customization on plastic tags, but they do come in multiple colors. Please note that plastic tags will not last outdoors as long as our black UV stable aluminum. When ordering, please convey to your sales representative if you want radial or straight text.
Other Design Options:
- All true-type fonts are available. If you don’t specify, we will pick a basic font for you.
- Logos and artwork need to be a black and white, high resolution file. Learn more here.
- QR Codes and Barcodes are also available on metal tags.
If you have any questions about your Vineyard Row ID Tags, please contact us at 859-261-2035 or email us at [email protected], and one of our customer service representatives will assist you.
Share pictures of your Vineyard Tags in action for the chance to be featured on our website and social media!
721 York Street
Newport, KY 41071, USA
PO Box 72430
Newport, KY 41072-0430, USA
Phone: (859) 261-2035
International Phone: +18592612035
Fax: 859-261-TAGS (8247)
E-Mail: [email protected]
Sign Up for eNews