June is National Safety Month, and to celebrate we are listing 8 different ways that Asset Tags and Asset Labels can be used to promote safety in the workplace by properly identifying hazardous materials and equipment.
- Type 304 Stainless Steel Asset Tags can be used in harsh environments and extreme heat or cold. One customer uses them to keep employees safe in and around their liquid nitrogen tanks.
- Type 316 Stainless Steel is used for the food processing industry and is “food grade stainless steel”. It can stand up to harsh chemicals so these tags are used to ID food processing equipment, because they won’t rust, or corrode and contaminate the food.
- Colored Aluminum comes in multiple colors and is great for valve tags, inspection tags, and other warning signs because they can come in bright, visible colors such as red, yellow, and orange. A few different customers use red aluminum for inspection tags so that it is noticeable if the items have not been inspected.
- UV Stable Black Aluminum is great for labeling assets and equipment outdoors. One customer uses these tags to label electrical equipment with voltage warnings.
- Plastic Tags are available in pink, yellow, white, or orange. These colored tags can be used to color code items that need to be inspected. Colored Apron Tag Discs (style 85V) are marked with the year and are rotated after inspection.
- Snap-Off plastic tags are available for quickly identifying an item. These tags can be used to label temporary or permeant hazards. Some customers staple the plastic tag to wood pallets with staple guns.
- Asset Labels are made from military grade 3M™ 7847 polyacrylic matte black stock. They can be custom shaped and designed to meet almost any safety ID need. One customer uses QR Codes on Asset Labels to label equipment. The QR Code then leads to a website with instructions, safety protocols, and contact info if assistance is needed.
- Asset Labels promote safety by labeling containers that hold chemicals. The flexibility of the Asset Labels allows for an ID on rounded containers where a flat metal tag would not fit.