A great way to memorialize bird hunters who are no longer with us is with Memorial Bird Bands.
Customers use our Memorial Bird Bands as a memento to hand out to friends and family at the funeral. Some people will then put the bird band on their lanyard or keychain so that they can carry it around with them every day as a remembrance of their loved one. Hunting buddies or hunt clubs may want to pass out the bands amongst its members in honor of the deceased. Some will raffle off the memorial bands to help raise money for the family. We even had one customer put the memorial bands in honor of her son on ducks, so duck hunters would call for years saying they got one of the banded birds in tribute of her son.
Here are some of the ways our customers have customized their Memorial Bird Bands:
Bird bands come in multiple sizes and colors and can be customized with your text.
If you have a loved one or a pet who has passed away that you would like to remember with a personalized memorial tag, we can help make the perfect custom tag. We have multiple tag shapes and sizes to meet your customization needs, as well as tags for both indoor and outdoor memorials. Memorial tags be designed on anything ranging from:
- Dog/Pet shaped tags
- I. Military dog tags
- Tree tags
- Garden markers
- Park benches
- Bird Bands
- Gold Divot Tools
- And more
View some examples from past customers of the keepsake tags they created to keep their loved ones in their memories and to remember them by.
Brass Tags are just one of the types of metal tags that NB&T offers. There are multiple reasons that an industry may require brass tags over other materials, such as corrosion resistance and ability to be used in high-temperature situations. Other industries may prefer brass tags because of their decorative, ornamental look.
Below is a list of some industries and applications that National Band & Tag serves with our brass tags.
- Automotive / Radiator Repair
- Coal Mines / Mining Supply Stores
- Industrial Suppliers / Distributors of: hydraulics, mechanical cylinders, lubrication equipment, air tools, hoists, presses, slings, wire ropes, harnesses, hoses, gaskets, cable, MRO/OEM parts and accessories.
- Fasteners, pipes, valves, fittings, flanges
- Hardware stores
- Surveyors and Surveying Supply Stores
- Office Supplies
- Electrical appliances and contractors
- Electrical Supply Stores
- Remanufacturing of electrical-mechanical equipment
- Transformer and substation apparatus installations, services, repair
- Utility pole markers
Dog & Cat
- Leather Dog Collar Manufacturers
- Rabies Tags
- License Tags
- Memorial Tree Tags
- Species I.D. Tags
Promotional and other uses
- Museum Plaques
- Mail Box Name Plates
Not sure how to design your tag? Check out some examples from our other brass tag customers:
Labeling trees can be beneficial to any arboretum, botanical garden, park, or tree trail so that visitors can be educated on the type of tree they are looking at. Tags can be customized to relay any information you need, and designing your tree tag can sometimes be overwhelming.
Use the following steps below to start designing your tree tag:
Step 1. Tag Size & Material: All the examples above are the standard arboretum tag Style 14, 3” x 5” inches, UV Stable Black Aluminum. If you would like a different style or material for your tree tags, browse through our website to view other examples.
Step 2. Hole Size & Layout: The standard hole size is a 1/8” inch, either at the top/bottom or left/right side of the tag. Different hole sizes and layouts are available depending on how you plan to attach your tag to the tree. No holes are available if you plan to attach the tag to a stake. (Nails and stakes can be purchased at local hardware stores or forestry supply stores).
Step 3. Text: Decide on what text and fonts you would like on your tag (all TrueType fonts are available).
***If you need help finding out the correct taxonomy of a tree, many of our customers have recommended using: https://www.itis.gov***
Step 4. Logo (Optional): All logos will need to be sent to us in a black and white line art format.
Step 5. QR Code (Optional): We will make the QR Code for you, all we need is the URL of the website you want your QR Code to go to. (Read more on using QR Codes for educational walking trails here.)
Download this PDF of a 3” x 5” blank arboretum tag to practice your design!
Are you looking to use QR (Quick Response) Codes to create an educational walking trail in your museum, arboretum, botanical garden, school, or park? QR Codes are a great way to provide more information about an item by sending people to a website. NB&T is here to help guide you through the process of getting your website into a QR code and onto a tag.
Follow these easy steps to complete your educational walking trail and get people scanning your QR Coded tags!
Prep your QR Code Information:
- Determine what you want to have a QR Code on (plants, statues, trees, posts, memorial sites, exhibits etc.)
- Create and design a separate web page for everything you want to have a QR Code on. (Ask your webmaster for assistance with steps #2 and #3 if needed).
Tree 1 – QR Code goes to www.tree1.com
Tree 2 – QR Code goes to www.tree2.com
3. Optional – For best scanning of a QR Code, use redirects for extremely long URLs.
Design Your Tag:
- Browse through our website to determine the tag style, size, material, and hole size you want.
- Sketch up a mockup, or layout of how you want your tag to look, along with any other information you want, such as company name, logo, item name, year, etc.
- Send info from #4 and #5, along with quantity of tags you need to [email protected] for a free price quote.
- Once ready to order – send your complete tag info to us using our Data Transfer Instructions. It is important to send us your info correctly so none of your tags are off. We will turn your web page URL into a QR Code!
Setting up Your Walking Trail:
- Set up all your tags in a visible place where people can easily scan them.
- Encourage people to use their smart phones to scan the tag for more information on the item they are looking at.
- Maintenance – you can change the info on your web pages as much as you need. As long as the URL doesn’t change, you won’t need to replace your QR Coded tag.
Send us pictures of your completed walking trail!
Example: NC Coastal Reserve
- Determined they had 22 places throughout the walking trail on the reserve that needed a QR Code.
- Created their 22 web pages that in this case, held audio files.
- This customer used tinyurl.com for their redirects.
- They chose a style 14 tag, 3” x 4” inches, in UV stable black aluminum material, with an 1/8” inch hole on the top and bottom of the tag.
- They decided they wanted for their tag layout the QR Code first, then “Audio Trail Interpretation Station” the URL, and their company name smaller at the bottom.
- Sent the info to us for a quote.
- Sent their data transfer Excel sheet to us using the correct format.
- Used screws to hang their tags into posts along the trail.
- Promoted scanning their new tags through social media.
NB&T has been stamping metal bands and tags for over 113 years. We specialize in stamping sequential numbering and laser etching custom, or non-sequential numbering. When you need every tag to have unique information on it, consider our laser etching service. Laser etching is an affordable alternative to stamping. The surface etching created by the laser is suitable in most environments and applications.
Your list of assets can be etched into individual metal or plastic tags for high visibility, better security, safety, compliance, inspections or just getting things organized to help your employees be more productive! This is an electronic process, thus, we do need data formatted as a simple text file. Here’s how to transfer your data.
Our .040” black anodized aluminum is UV stable and works great for long term outdoor applications. We also offer a wide variety of colored aluminum products and stainless steel for those special environments that require this metal. And finally, we also offer a wide variety of plastics which are flexible and can take a great deal of abuse.
Although most of the images created on these materials are high contrast (dark image on a light surface or light image on the dark surface), we can creatively adjust the images for a more striking contrast. There are many effects we can use to create the look you are after as well. Please take some time and browse the galleries on our laser etching page. We have created a large display of examples to help our viewers dream up their ideas!
When you buy customized tags from NB&T, we treat every order like they were your business cards. We want you to be happy with them! How can we layout the image to give you the best impact? The best way is for you to sketch or show us a picture of something you would like it to look like. The old saying a picture is worth a 1,000 words applies here! Looking for custom tags to spruce up your place or to show when something was serviced? Give us a try, our team at NB&T will be happy to help you.
Hundreds of tag shapes to choose from!
Every tag can be unique with your custom information!
Sequential and Non-Sequential Numbering are both available!
We also offer detailed logos!
And… Barcodes are our specialty!
We manufacture a variety of tags for multiple purposes, one of those being the industrial and commercial market. There are hundreds of different industries out there, but below are just a few that we cater to. The majority of these industries are required to accurately identify certain objects by law or regulations set up for the safety of the workers. Other industries have realized the time and money that can be saved with proper identification of assets and inventory.
Industries that we serve:
- Appliance manufacturers
- Athletic Equipment
- Audio Visual – Media
- Communication Equipment Manufacturers
- Computer And Electronic Hardware
- Construction Equipment
- Contract Manufacturers
- Electronic Control Systems
- Elevator Installers And Manufacturers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Food Processing
- Furniture Manufacturers
- Gas Station Equipment Manufacturers
- Government (Federal, State And Local)
- Industrial & Municipal Plumbing Systems
- Industrial Appliances
- Lifting & Rigging
- Lighting Systems
- Measurement/Gauging Equipment
- Medical & Dental
- Military Vehicles & Equipment
- Oil & Gas
- Outdoor Lawn Care Equipment
- Power Generation
- Printing & Publishing Equipment
- Pump Manufacturers
- Recreation (Including A Wide Range Of Clubs)
- Recreational & Commercial Vehicles
- Rigging and Lifting
- Sanitation Systems
- Security Systems
- Tanks And Vessel Manufacturers
- Underground Mining Equipment
- Valve Manufacturers
- Warehouse/Distribution Centers
- Waste Processing Systems
- Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers
We provide specific tags for certain industries such as chain sling and wire rope tags for the rigging and lifting industry. Also available are general tags such as name plates, asset tags, barcoded tags, anti-pilferage seals, electrical cable markers and more that multiple types of industries use.
What type of tags does your industry call for?
Did you know that at NB&T any tag or band we make can be produced blank? On our website, you can view over 150 tag shapes and sizes that come in multiple materials and thicknesses. Buy our blank tags and custom stamp or laser etch them yourself. Blank tags can be used for everything from art and jewelry projects, to identification of equipment, to color coding trees. Need your own stamping set? Check out our Hand Stamps, great for putting serial numbers, dates, and more on your tags.
Want to quickly engrave your own tags as you need them? Try our Write-On Tags! The aluminum tags have cardboard backing to give you a hard surface to “engrave” on. Use a pen or sharp pointed object and write normally on the aluminum to create a readable, engraved look.
Multiple industries need blank tags for multiple reasons. What will you use them for?
National Band & Tag’s newest service for the industrial marketplace is the Industrial Blank Tag Quick Ship!
This new service allows customers to order sets of 100 blank stainless steel tags, up to 10 sets (1,000 tags) and they will be quickly shipped within two business days! As a manufacturer, we produce all our tags in-house, and it typically takes at least a week to manufacture blank tags. But we listened to our customers and we responded, with a way to get your blank tags faster!
Our .030” stainless steel tags have a type 304 2B finish, which is dull, not attracted to magnets and is non-corrosive. Tags also come with two 1/8” holes on the right and left side. This is our most popular hole size and is great for making tags easily attachable to pieces of equipment, pallets, shelves, and other assets.
Blank tags allow you to stamp or engrave your own information on-site when you need it, such as serial numbers, dates, inspection checks, inventory counts, and more! Click the link below to be taken to the online order form for the Industrial Blank Tag Quick Ship!
In recognition of Memorial Day this past Monday (5/25/15), we’d like to honor the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom. Memorial Day was born out of the Civil War and was established in May of 1868 to honor the fallen soldiers that fought valiantly. As John F. Kennedy once said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” We take pride in this country and our home, and Memorial Day reminds us each year that freedom comes at a price and we will always be thankful to our brave soldiers.
To honor these soldiers and to remember those who protect our country, National Band & Tag has formed a partnership with www.herobracelets.org to create customizable Hero Bracelets and G.I. Military Style Dog Tags. These are proudly manufactured here at National Band and Tag Company in the United States of America. At www.herobracelets.org you can customize a metal bracelet where $2.00 from each bracelet will go to the military branch, first responder, or family support organization of your choice. The first organization herobracelets.org donated to was The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund and they now donate to 11 other organizations! The bracelets can be made from either copper, anodized aluminum, leather, or sterling silver and can come in a multitude of colors.
Check out www.herobracelets.org for more info and to order!
721 York Street
Newport, KY 41071, USA
PO Box 72430
Newport, KY 41072-0430, USA
Phone: (859) 261-2035
International Phone: +18592612035
Fax: 859-261-TAGS (8247)
E-Mail: [email protected]