WHAT ARE PROPERTY TAGS AND ASSET TAGS?
Property Tags and Asset Tags are forms of identification that show a piece of equipment, or any type of asset, belongs to your company. Tags can be something simple such as your company name and phone number. Or they can be highly customized with logos, barcodes, serial numbers, and multiple forms of contact information.
HOW CAN THIS BENEFIT MY COMPANY?
Properly identifying your property and assets can benefit your company by deterring theft and showing ownership. Serial numbers can assist employees in making sure they have the correct equipment. This also allows for asset management which is helpful for assets that move around a lot. QR Codes can be added to the tags which then allows employees to track important information about each item on a website. Proper asset management benefits your company by saving you time and money.
WHY PURCHASE NB&T TAGS?
As a family operated manufacturer, it is our mission to provide unique and innovative identification solutions. This means we can assist with small runs or large runs, tags with a simple design, or fully loaded tags. We have multiple tag shapes, sizes, and materials to meet the needs of any work environment.
Check out these examples of Property Tags and Asset Tags from our customers.
The first tag featured above is made from stainless steel. Stainless steel is a non-corrosive material, that will stand up to harsh cleaning chemicals used to clean tables. So the QR Code will never fade or be ruined. The second tag featured above is made from black UV stable aluminum material. These tags would be a great option for restaurants with outdoor seating or picnic tables, because this material will last outdoors for 20+ years. This picture is a great example of the multiple ways available to customize your QR Coded Menu tags.
You won’t ever need to update your tags, as long as you don’t change the URL. You just update the webpage your menu is on, and all the QR Codes will automatically lead to your updated page. When ordering tags, we will create the QR Code for you, we just need to know your URL, (EX: www.YourMenu.com). To get started, check out all the tag shapes and sizes we have available.
If you are looking for a completely custom tag with a professional look, then laser-etched tags are for you! Tags can be sold in small or large quantities. Whether you need 1 tag or 100,000 tags, we can help! National Band & Tag has 25+ years of experience laser etching tags.
You can customize your tags to have text, logos/graphics, barcodes, borders, etc. The laser creates a clean, detailed, image on the tag’s surface. Tags come in all shapes, sizes, materials, and there is virtually no limit to what we can do. Laster etched tags are more durable and will last for years compared to printed tags. National Band & Tag offers quantity discounts, so the more tags you order, the larger the discount! Check out our instructions on how to send us the data for your tags.
- UV Stable (Black), Plain (silver), or Colored Aluminum is available.
- Different Finishes are available for stainless steel. This will affect how your tag looks.
- Light or Dark etching is available.
- Frosted Backgrounds are available to remove the shine from the tag.
- Frosted Backgrounds are available to remove the shine from the tag.
- Barcodes are not available on brass.
- Plastic tags are available in multiple colors depending on the style of tag.
- Style #3602 – Label material is made from military-grade 3M™ 7847 polyacrylic matte black stock for a heavy-duty label.
- Identification Tags
- Asset Tags
- Serialized Tags
- Inventory Tags
- Equipment Tags
- Brand / Property Identity Tags
- and more!
Share your pictures of your laser-etched tags being used for the chance to be featured on our social media!
New, Improved, QR Coded Well Permit Tags
Well Tags need to last outside in harsh environments year-round to make sure wells are properly identified. The old DNREC Well Permit Tag featured on top is plain aluminum and is stamped. The Well Permit Tag on the bottom is UV Stable Black Aluminum. On this tag, we use a laser to etch the text, which creates a highly visible white text on the black background, which won’t fade away. The new UV Stable Black Aluminum tag has a QR Code on the tag. This allows anyone with a smartphone to scan the QR Code and go to the Department of Natural Resources’ website.
Every well is required to have a Well Tag (in most states), to ensure a clean and adequate supply of underground drinking water. There are programs in place to prevent contamination of aquifers from improper well construction, drilling, or abandonment. Before drilling, a licensed well driller must first obtain a permit. The unique ID number on the Well Tag makes obtaining important information about the well easier.
Our Well Permit Tags are customizable in shape, material, and layout, so you can get the exact identification you need. We offer custom slot sizes for your tags so you can strap these tags onto the well. Available slot sizes are 1/8″ X 9/16″ (for 1/2″ strapping), 1/4″ X 7/8″ (for 3/4″ strapping) and 1/4″ X 1-1/8″ (for 1″ strapping). Click here to view more samples of Well Permit Tags.
Unfortunately, there is no national Pet ID Tag lookup in place to get a lost pet home. Luckily, lost pets never go more than a few miles from home. This is why a local city or county database is always more reliable than a national one. There are multiple tag manufacturers like National Band & Tag, all with multiple customers who order the same numbering. This is why contacting local animal shelters, veterinarians, and city/county animal control offices are always more likely to produce results than contacting tag manufacturers.
Here are some tag tips to help return lost pets as soon as possible:
The first tag to look for is a Pet ID Tag. These tags usually have the pet’s name on it, the owner’s contact info, or a QR Code on it. New, modern QR Coded pet tags will need to be scanned with a smartphone, or the unique ID number will need to be keyed in on the website to access the owner’s information.
The second tag to look for is a local county or city License Tag. While not every city or county requires a License Tag, the majority of the US enforces pet licensing. Based on where the animal is found, you can contact local animal control offices. You can give them the tag number of the lost pet, and they can then look that unique number up to get the owner’s information.
The third tag to look for is a Rabies Tag. These usually have the veterinarian’s information on it so you can contact them. Because doctors cannot give out patient information, they will have to contact the owner on your behalf.
Other types of tags may include Dog Park License Tags, Apartment Registered Tags, or “I’m Microchipped” Tags. These will all help hint to the area the pet came from to help narrow down your search.
If there are no tags or any forms of identification on the lost pet, you will want to take them to a local vet or animal shelter to have them scanned for a microchip. You can then use social media, found pet flyers, lost pet online databases, and word of mouth to try to find the owners.
Why Use NB&T Tags:
National Band & Tag is an identification solutions provider, which means we will work with you to find the best solution for your ID needs. We offer multiple shapes, sizes, styles, materials, and engraving methods so that you can get the look you want.
We can assist software companies with designing a general tag that is used with your software, or we can work directly with project managers to come up with a tag that meet’s each of your client’s specific needs. Since your client doesn’t have to go searching for the tags to work with your software, your company is now a one stop shop, full service solution. Our customers use barcoded tags for multiple applications, including, but not limited to, asset management, inventory management, food traceability and more.
Our barcoded tags are compatible with most scanners. We can send a free sample tag for you to test with your own scanners to make sure they will read before you place your order.
To start the design process, we recommend scrolling through our website to look for a tag shape and size that fits your application. After you pick out your style number, you will need to pick out a material, quantity, and what you would like on it. A sales representative will be able to give you a quote, and answer any customization questions you may have. If you would like to start designing with a sales rep, give us a call at 859-261-2035.
Use the links below to help you get started:
|Shop by Material:||Shop by Shape:||Shop by Barcode:|
|Stainless Steel||Round||1D Linear Barcode|
Do you have any questions for our resident barcode expert? If so, comment below.
Are you looking to use QR (Quick Response) Codes to create an educational walking trail in your museum, arboretum, botanical garden, school, or park? QR Codes are a great way to provide more information about an item by sending people to a website. NB&T is here to help guide you through the process of getting your website into a QR code and onto a tag.
Follow these easy steps to complete your educational walking trail and get people scanning your QR Coded tags!
Prep your QR Code Information:
- Determine what you want to have a QR Code on (plants, statues, trees, posts, memorial sites, exhibits etc.)
- Create and design a separate web page for everything you want to have a QR Code on. (Ask your webmaster for assistance with steps #2 and #3 if needed).
Tree 1 – QR Code goes to www.tree1.com
Tree 2 – QR Code goes to www.tree2.com
3. Optional – For best scanning of a QR Code, use redirects for extremely long URLs.
Design Your Tag:
- Browse through our website to determine the tag style, size, material, and hole size you want.
- Sketch up a mockup, or layout of how you want your tag to look, along with any other information you want, such as company name, logo, item name, year, etc.
- Send info from #4 and #5, along with quantity of tags you need to [email protected] for a free price quote.
- Once ready to order – send your complete tag info to us using our Data Transfer Instructions. It is important to send us your info correctly so none of your tags are off. We will turn your web page URL into a QR Code!
Setting up Your Walking Trail:
- Set up all your tags in a visible place where people can easily scan them.
- Encourage people to use their smart phones to scan the tag for more information on the item they are looking at.
- Maintenance – you can change the info on your web pages as much as you need. As long as the URL doesn’t change, you won’t need to replace your QR Coded tag.
Send us pictures of your completed walking trail!
Example: NC Coastal Reserve
- Determined they had 22 places throughout the walking trail on the reserve that needed a QR Code.
- Created their 22 web pages that in this case, held audio files.
- This customer used tinyurl.com for their redirects.
- They chose a style 14 tag, 3” x 4” inches, in UV stable black aluminum material, with an 1/8” inch hole on the top and bottom of the tag.
- They decided they wanted for their tag layout the QR Code first, then “Audio Trail Interpretation Station” the URL, and their company name smaller at the bottom.
- Sent the info to us for a quote.
- Sent their data transfer Excel sheet to us using the correct format.
- Used screws to hang their tags into posts along the trail.
- Promoted scanning their new tags through social media.
Barcodes on tags are a great and easy way to identify assets, inventory, products and more. Different codes hold different types or amounts of information. Check out the barcodes that we offer below to decided which one is best for your application.
QR Code (Quick Response Code)
- 2D Barcode
- Can contain up to 4,296 alphanumeric characters
- Typically leads to a website
- Developed in 1994
- Can be scanned with a smart phone or 2D scanner
- Great for promotional uses, walking trails, tree tags, memorial sites and more.
- 2D Barcode
- Can contain up to 2,335 alphanumeric characters
- Great for encoding large amounts of information on a small amount of space
- Most secure barcode there is
- Developed in 1989
- Can be scanned with a smart phone or 2D scanner
- Great for industrial uses, asset tracking, and any application that requires the tag to hold a lot of information.
- 1D Barcode
- Developed in 1960s
- Can be scanned with a 1D scanner and most 2D scanners
- Code 39
- Can encrypt the alphabet, digits 0-9, and special characters: – “. $ % + – / *”
- Uses 9 elements per character (5 bars and 4 spaces)
- Larger in size
- Great for encoding short serial numbers
- Code 128
- Can encrypt all 128 ASCII symbols
- Uses 6 elements per character (3 bars and 3 spaces)
- More space efficient
- Great for encoding long strings of information
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Used for wing bands
- Numeric code with up to 6 numbers on band sizes 3, 3.5, 4 (if you want 5 there will be a preceding zero) Up to 4 numbers on size 2.75
- Can be scanned with a 1D scanner or a smart phone
Here at NB&T we have hundreds of styles of tags to choose from, so we asked some of our family members and employees, “what is your favorite tag style and why?”
Hybrid tags are some of NB&T’s most unique tags because they feature both engraving methods – stamping and laser etching! We specialize in stamping sequential numbers and laser etching barcodes and logos.
Hybrid tags feature the best of both worlds to provide a completely customized tag. We can have both stamping and laser etching on the same side or do it front and back like the examples below.
What do you think about hybrid tags?
Call or email for a free quote!
Pricing is based on the size of the tag and the amount of laser etching.
NB&T has been stamping metal bands and tags for over 113 years. We specialize in stamping sequential numbering and laser etching custom, or non-sequential numbering. When you need every tag to have unique information on it, consider our laser etching service. Laser etching is an affordable alternative to stamping. The surface etching created by the laser is suitable in most environments and applications.
Your list of assets can be etched into individual metal or plastic tags for high visibility, better security, safety, compliance, inspections or just getting things organized to help your employees be more productive! This is an electronic process, thus, we do need data formatted as a simple text file. Here’s how to transfer your data.
Our .040” black anodized aluminum is UV stable and works great for long term outdoor applications. We also offer a wide variety of colored aluminum products and stainless steel for those special environments that require this metal. And finally, we also offer a wide variety of plastics which are flexible and can take a great deal of abuse.
Although most of the images created on these materials are high contrast (dark image on a light surface or light image on the dark surface), we can creatively adjust the images for a more striking contrast. There are many effects we can use to create the look you are after as well. Please take some time and browse the galleries on our laser etching page. We have created a large display of examples to help our viewers dream up their ideas!
When you buy customized tags from NB&T, we treat every order like they were your business cards. We want you to be happy with them! How can we layout the image to give you the best impact? The best way is for you to sketch or show us a picture of something you would like it to look like. The old saying a picture is worth a 1,000 words applies here! Looking for custom tags to spruce up your place or to show when something was serviced? Give us a try, our team at NB&T will be happy to help you.
Hundreds of tag shapes to choose from!
Every tag can be unique with your custom information!
Sequential and Non-Sequential Numbering are both available!
We also offer detailed logos!
And… Barcodes are our specialty!
Do you need to keep a single barcode on a particular asset, while also being able to edit the information that the barcode shows when scanned? Then try out our laser etched QR coded tags and labels! Our barcoded tags can help track inventory and assets, as well as hold information such as production yield, maintenance records, notes and anything else you want, because it is all on a webpage!
How it works:
- You set up a webpage for each asset and send us the URLs.
- (Example: nationalband.com/tag-1 = the QR Code on Tag 1, which goes on Asset #1)
- We turn your URL into a QR code and put it on your tag, along with any other information you may want on it (logos, serial numbers, phone number, etc.).
- Scan the QR code with a smart phone and the web page you made will pop up. Once on your webpage you can edit and add any information about the asset as needed.
If you have any questions on how to make this work for your company, just send us an email explaining your process and what you need to [email protected]!
QR (Quick Response) Coded tags have a variety of uses in multiple industries! A QR Code is a barcode that can be scanned by an app on your smart phone that leads to a website.
Here are a few examples of how QR Coded tags are being used by current customers:
Landmarks: These tags are mounted outside of a landmark and allows visitors to scan the QR Code, which then leads them to a website with more information and videos about that specific landmark.
Walking Trails: These tags are usually nailed to wooden posts along a trail in a park or nature preserve. By scanning the code with your phone you are led to a website with more information on the different species of wildlife and plants in the area.
Tree Tags: QR Coded tags on trees can be used on nature trails to inform visitors about that specific species of tree. They can also be used by researchers and tree farmers to collect fruit/nut yield for the year from that tree, as well as for recording age, health, and other valuable information.
Promotional Use: Tags can be given away with a QR Code that leads to your company’s website. This is a great way to remind potential customers of your company and drive them back to your website.
To achieve the best QR Code on your NB&T tag we recommend shortening your URL to increase readability. Try using bitly or tinyurl to shorten your URLs. Ex: https://nationalband.com/custom-laser-etched-tags/ is 50 characters long but http://bit.ly/1f77EEC is only 21 characters long and both lead to the same web page. By cutting the length of the URL by over half, the quality of the laser etched code will be best for long lasting readability. Another way is to buy a shorter URL and then re-direct it to the correct page on your website.
How do you use your QR Coded Tags? Share with us below!
We manufacture a variety of tags for multiple purposes, one of those being the industrial and commercial market. There are hundreds of different industries out there, but below are just a few that we cater to. The majority of these industries are required to accurately identify certain objects by law or regulations set up for the safety of the workers. Other industries have realized the time and money that can be saved with proper identification of assets and inventory.
Industries that we serve:
- Appliance manufacturers
- Athletic Equipment
- Audio Visual – Media
- Communication Equipment Manufacturers
- Computer And Electronic Hardware
- Construction Equipment
- Contract Manufacturers
- Electronic Control Systems
- Elevator Installers And Manufacturers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Food Processing
- Furniture Manufacturers
- Gas Station Equipment Manufacturers
- Government (Federal, State And Local)
- Industrial & Municipal Plumbing Systems
- Industrial Appliances
- Lifting & Rigging
- Lighting Systems
- Measurement/Gauging Equipment
- Medical & Dental
- Military Vehicles & Equipment
- Oil & Gas
- Outdoor Lawn Care Equipment
- Power Generation
- Printing & Publishing Equipment
- Pump Manufacturers
- Recreation (Including A Wide Range Of Clubs)
- Recreational & Commercial Vehicles
- Rigging and Lifting
- Sanitation Systems
- Security Systems
- Tanks And Vessel Manufacturers
- Underground Mining Equipment
- Valve Manufacturers
- Warehouse/Distribution Centers
- Waste Processing Systems
- Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers
We provide specific tags for certain industries such as chain sling and wire rope tags for the rigging and lifting industry. Also available are general tags such as name plates, asset tags, barcoded tags, anti-pilferage seals, electrical cable markers and more that multiple types of industries use.
What type of tags does your industry call for?
One of our customers, Yellow Springs High School, has a very interesting use for custom laser etched nameplate tags. They sent us the story as well as a photo to show us how they use our product!
“Mr. John Day and Mr. Shawn Jackson, history instructors at Yellow Springs High School, and students taking U.S. History participated in a class project to create a Yellow Springs Historical Trail commemorating people and events from the town’s past. Students researched local history under the theme of “War & Peace” and studied the impacts Yellow Springs had on American History. Topics ranged from Martin Luther King Jr.’s Commencement Speech at Antioch College in 1968 to Marion Ross, an Antioch College student turned Union soldier who won the Congressional Medal of Honor (posthumously) for his participation in a raid to steal a Confederate train.”
Along the trail, students, as well as the general public, can use their smartphones to learn. They simply come to a trail marker, scan the QR code, and instantly have information at their fingertips. It is a current, relevant, interactive way of learning.
This is just one brilliant example of what our customers use our nameplate tags for. There are others that you can read here.
We love hearing how our tags are in use! How do you use yours?
721 York Street
Newport, KY 41071, USA
PO Box 72430
Newport, KY 41072-0430, USA
Phone: (859) 261-2035
International Phone: +18592612035
Fax: 859-261-TAGS (8247)
E-Mail: [email protected]