Tips For Designing Your Vineyard Row ID Tags
What info are you needing on your tags? We customize the tags with any information you want on them, so you will need to tell us what exactly you want. Usually, our customer’s tags feature info such as: block number, row number, clone, rootstock, grape type, year planted, logo, company name, etc. Knowing what text and artwork you want on your tags will help you in the next step, picking a tag style.
Which style tag should I get? We have multiple tag styles to choose from, but to help narrow it down for you, here are our most popular styles for Vineyard Tags.
- RECTANGLE TAGS: Style #14ARBOR: 3″x5″ with 5/32″ holes top & bottom. (These tag blanks are kept in stock so they will ship out faster). Style #14: Rectangle with rounded corners, comes in multiple heights/lengths, with the most common being 1-1/4″ x 4″. (Holes are usually are on the left and right side so the tag can be bent around a post and nailed in).
- ROUND TAGS: Style #116 (1-3/4″) and Style #93 (2″) are our two largest sizes for metal tags. If you want plastic tags, we offer Style #7366 that is 2-5/8″. There are limitations for the customization on plastic tags, but they do come in multiple colors. Please note that plastic tags will not last outdoors as long as our black UV stable aluminum. When ordering, please convey to your sales representative if you want radial or straight text.
Other Design Options:
- All true-type fonts are available. If you don’t specify, we will pick a basic font for you.
- Logos and artwork need to be a black and white, high resolution file. Learn more here.
- QR Codes and Barcodes are also available on metal tags.
If you have any questions about your Vineyard Row ID Tags, please contact us at 859-261-2035 or email us at [email protected], and one of our customer service representatives will assist you.
Share pictures of your Vineyard Tags in action for the chance to be featured on our website and social media!
Did you know that there are many uses for cattle ear tags that aren’t for cows (or any other animal on Old McDonald’s Farm)? These versatile, plastic, bright-colored cattle ear tags can be customized for different personal and promotional uses, such as:
- Identification for trees
- Vineyard row post
- Orchard Tags
- Luggage tags
- Asset tags
- Asset Color coordination
- Wedding gifts
- Save the Dates
- And more!
NB&T resells plastic ear tags from popular manufacturers such as AllFlex, PermaFlex and Destron Fearing. Just pick your tag style, and let us know what text, logo, design, or numbering that you want on your non-ear, ear tags for a free quote.
View more ideas, and Follow us on Pinterest.
Custom etched Vineyard Tags come in a variety of styles, sizes, and shapes, but for material, we recommend using our Black UV Stable Aluminum Tags, which are guaranteed to last outdoors for 20+ years. Here are a few examples from past customers of the ways they customized their tags, and how they use them around the vineyard.
Vine Information I.D. Tags
Any information that you want to keep track of can be custom etched on your Vineyard Tag with text or barcodes. Above is an example with the grape variety, clone and rootstock information, and the year it was planted.
Listing the type of wine or grape variety on the tag is popular for vineyards that have a lot of tourists. Vineyards more interested in tracking rootstock (a plant with an established, healthy roost system) for grafting purposes that may need this information listed on the tag. Clones (a cutting of vine, a second plant that will be genetically identical to the first) can also be important to list on your tag so that specific traits from clones can be closely identified. This is all helps with management, research, and improving vine growth.
Row and Fence Post, Large Numbered Tags
Row Tags go on the end of posts to identify each row. Large, bold numbers make it easy to read, even from a distance. Numbered vineyard rows can be helpful when trying to instruct employees or visitors where to go. For management purposes, numbered rows can make sure records are accurately kept about specific rows, with no confusion due to human error counting what number row they were in.
Block and Irrigation I.D. Tags
This customer uses different types of irrigation for different blocks. Drip Irrigation is popular among viticulturist because each vine has its own individual dripper, giving more control over how much water each grapevine receives, while overhead irrigation is more of a sprinkler system. Hole sizes can be customized in our tags in case you need to put the tag on a hose or machine.
Are you one of our Vineyard Tag Customers? Comment below on how you use your tags!
|NB&T Metal Tags||AllFlex Cattle Ear Tags
(Distributed through NB&T)
|How long will they last?||Our Black UV Stable Aluminum will last outdoors for 20+ years, even in harsh environments||These polyurethane tags can last anywhere from 3 – 10+ years. Different environments (extreme hot/cold) will affect them differently.|
|How many colors are available?||Black is the only UV Stable color currently available. In regular aluminum we offer 10 other colors.||It will depend on the style of ear tag you choose. The largest style (Global Super Maxi Female) has 8 colors, Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Black, Orange, Green, Light Pink|
|What can I put on them?||Logos, barcodes, numbering, text, graphics, and more.||Logos, barcodes, numbering, text, graphics, and more.|
|How much do they cost?||Roughly $3-$5 dollars a tag (quantity discounts available) Contact us for a quote.||Roughly $1-$2 a tag. Contact us for a quote.|
|What’s the largest size?||3” x 6” (can be horizontal or vertical) show in picture above. Other sizes available.||Global Super Maxi Female
3” x 4-5/8”. Shown in picture above. Other sizes available.
|Are there any minimums?||$25.00 per order||$25.00 per order and 25 tags per pack|
|How do I attach them?||1/8” hole standard. Custom holes and slots available. Can use a nail, screw, strapping, etc.||3/16” hole – can use a nail, screw, twine, etc.|
Are you looking to use QR (Quick Response) Codes to create an educational walking trail in your museum, arboretum, botanical garden, school, or park? QR Codes are a great way to provide more information about an item by sending people to a website. NB&T is here to help guide you through the process of getting your website into a QR code and onto a tag.
Follow these easy steps to complete your educational walking trail and get people scanning your QR Coded tags!
Prep your QR Code Information:
- Determine what you want to have a QR Code on (plants, statues, trees, posts, memorial sites, exhibits etc.)
- Create and design a separate web page for everything you want to have a QR Code on. (Ask your webmaster for assistance with steps #2 and #3 if needed).
Tree 1 – QR Code goes to www.tree1.com
Tree 2 – QR Code goes to www.tree2.com
3. Optional – For best scanning of a QR Code, use redirects for extremely long URLs.
Design Your Tag:
- Browse through our website to determine the tag style, size, material, and hole size you want.
- Sketch up a mockup, or layout of how you want your tag to look, along with any other information you want, such as company name, logo, item name, year, etc.
- Send info from #4 and #5, along with quantity of tags you need to [email protected] for a free price quote.
- Once ready to order – send your complete tag info to us using our Data Transfer Instructions. It is important to send us your info correctly so none of your tags are off. We will turn your web page URL into a QR Code!
Setting up Your Walking Trail:
- Set up all your tags in a visible place where people can easily scan them.
- Encourage people to use their smart phones to scan the tag for more information on the item they are looking at.
- Maintenance – you can change the info on your web pages as much as you need. As long as the URL doesn’t change, you won’t need to replace your QR Coded tag.
Send us pictures of your completed walking trail!
Example: NC Coastal Reserve
- Determined they had 22 places throughout the walking trail on the reserve that needed a QR Code.
- Created their 22 web pages that in this case, held audio files.
- This customer used tinyurl.com for their redirects.
- They chose a style 14 tag, 3” x 4” inches, in UV stable black aluminum material, with an 1/8” inch hole on the top and bottom of the tag.
- They decided they wanted for their tag layout the QR Code first, then “Audio Trail Interpretation Station” the URL, and their company name smaller at the bottom.
- Sent the info to us for a quote.
- Sent their data transfer Excel sheet to us using the correct format.
- Used screws to hang their tags into posts along the trail.
- Promoted scanning their new tags through social media.
The first step to finding the plant label that will work best in your garden is to know what your identification goals are. Are you looking to color coordinate, sequentially number, or write on the tag yourself? Do you need something simple or do you need something with a high end polished look? Another factor to keep in mind is the environment; are these temporary for the summer, or do they need to last year-round where the tag will be subjected to harsh weather?
National Band & Tag has a variety of plant labels available to meet your identification needs.
Plastic Plant Labels
Plastic plant labels are helpful in the garden when you want to color-code your plants or have bright visible labels. Plastic plant labels can be written on with a sharpie, or our recommended All-Weather Marker. These tags can also be custom laser etched with your company’s name, logo, and a barcode. Plastic plant labels come in a variety of sizes, from a small potted plant all the way to a large shrub or bush, we have the size to fit your plant. They are versatile and can work for an at-home gardener or a garden retail store. Plastic tags are great for temporary use or 1+ years outdoors, depending on how harsh the weather is. Available in Pink, Orange, White, and Yellow.
Write-On Plant Tags
Write-On Tags are made from a thin metal (aluminum or copper) that you can engrave on yourself with a pen or sharp object. The 2702 series has a biodegradable cardboard backing to assist in writing on the tag. These tags are helpful when you need to engrave on the spot and want something durable to last outdoors.
Metal plant tags are helpful for gardeners looking to identify a lot of information about one plant, such as their name, species, genius, care instructions, etc. Metal plant tags come in a variety of materials, but we recommend the UV Stable Black Aluminum material, especially if you need the label to last for years outdoors. QR Codes can be laser etched onto metal tags for those who want to create an education walking trails like an arboretum or botanical garden.
Wood Pot Labels and Wood Stakes
Both plain and treated wood pot labels are available in multiple sizes depending on the size of the potted plant you are trying to label. Wood Pot Labels are great for labeling plants for sale at a garden store or nursery. Wood Stakes are helpful for labeling trees, plots of land, rows of trees, and bushes. They can be written on with a sharpie or our All-Weather Marker shown above under plastic tags.
Questions? Call us at 859-261-2035 to talk with one of our tag specialists, or leave us a comment below!
Our Write-On Tags can be used for a variety of applications ranging from heavy machinery to plants and trees to electrical wires. With the ability to be engraved with a pen on the spot makes these tags a perfect candidate for those who know they need to identify their assets, but aren’t sure what they want the tag to say yet. Check out these 18 different ways our current customers are using Write-On Tags!
- Labeling equipment
- Marking wires and cables
- Numbering inventory on a shelf in a warehouse
- Identifying valves and pipe contents
- Labeling large pieces of machinery
- Identifying plant species in nurseries and botanical gardens
- Labeling flowers and plants for sale at garden centers
- Numbering trees for research purposes
- Identifying products for different landscaping projects
- Labeling furniture for sale
- Labeling pottery with artist’s name
- Tool checks
- Labeling painting assets
- Marking fences and gates to be installed
- To number RV refrigerators that are ready to be shipped out
- Label large industrial fan parts
- Home organization designers
- Concrete products for construction jobs
Comment below, how do you use Write-On Tags? Share your pictures!
Did you know that at NB&T any tag or band we make can be produced blank? On our website, you can view over 150 tag shapes and sizes that come in multiple materials and thicknesses. Buy our blank tags and custom stamp or laser etch them yourself. Blank tags can be used for everything from art and jewelry projects, to identification of equipment, to color coding trees. Need your own stamping set? Check out our Hand Stamps, great for putting serial numbers, dates, and more on your tags.
Want to quickly engrave your own tags as you need them? Try our Write-On Tags! The aluminum tags have cardboard backing to give you a hard surface to “engrave” on. Use a pen or sharp pointed object and write normally on the aluminum to create a readable, engraved look.
Multiple industries need blank tags for multiple reasons. What will you use them for?
National Band & Tag’s newest service for the industrial marketplace is the Industrial Blank Tag Quick Ship!
This new service allows customers to order sets of 100 blank stainless steel tags, up to 10 sets (1,000 tags) and they will be quickly shipped within two business days! As a manufacturer, we produce all our tags in-house, and it typically takes at least a week to manufacture blank tags. But we listened to our customers and we responded, with a way to get your blank tags faster!
Our .030” stainless steel tags have a type 304 2B finish, which is dull, not attracted to magnets and is non-corrosive. Tags also come with two 1/8” holes on the right and left side. This is our most popular hole size and is great for making tags easily attachable to pieces of equipment, pallets, shelves, and other assets.
Blank tags allow you to stamp or engrave your own information on-site when you need it, such as serial numbers, dates, inspection checks, inventory counts, and more! Click the link below to be taken to the online order form for the Industrial Blank Tag Quick Ship!
Wine harvesting season is upon us as the summer comes to a close and the leaves begin to change, fall is right around the corner! Each wine is harvested at a different time through the months of August to October in the northern hemisphere. The time depends on the grapes of course, but each one ripens during specific weeks throughout this time period.
How can National Band & Tag Company help with your harvest?
To distinguish between the multiple rows of differing grapes, some form of identification is needed. Our custom vineyard labels have been the solution for numerous winemakers. These vineyard tags come in many styles and materials including polyurethane and UV Stable Black Aluminum. Our UV Stable Aluminum is fantastic for outdoor uses such as this and will stand up against time and weather. These tags can be laser etched, bar-coded, or can come with logos and graphics.
721 York Street
Newport, KY 41071, USA
PO Box 72430
Newport, KY 41072-0430, USA
Phone: (859) 261-2035
International Phone: +18592612035
Fax: 859-261-TAGS (8247)
E-Mail: [email protected]