Here at National Band & Tag Company, we like to think that Every Day is Tag Day™! This day was created by the American Humane Society and is celebrated on the first Saturday in April. Every Day is Tag Day™ unites thousands of animal control agencies, veterinarians, and humane organizations with the goal of urging pet owners to equip their pets with ID tags and/or microchips. Tags and microchips help maximize the chance of a lost pet returning home safely.
How to participate in Every Day is Tag Day™:
- Make sure your pet always wears a collar with a current ID tag, rabies tag, and city/county license.
- Include a phone number on their ID tag.
- Keep your pet’s licenses, ID tag, and microchip current. Make sure to update the tag if you change your address or phone number.
- Remember that even indoor pets need tags. Many indoor pets can escape and end up in the shelter.
- If you have a Paw Finders rabies tag, ensure your tag is registered and contact info is up-to-date.
You can order a personal ID tag at a local pet store kiosk, or online. You will receive a Rabies Tag from your veterinarian when your pet receives a rabies vaccination. (Tell your veterinarian about our new Paw Finders rabies tags! A rabies tag and lost pet recovery system, all in one tag). City/County license tags are usually obtained through the county clerk’s office or animal control. Check for your local pet licensing requirements online. National Band & Tag mass produces blank tags for kiosks, and for individuals to personalize and re-sell. We also produce rabies tags for veterinarians and license tags for cities and counties.
Share with us in the comments, how do you plan to celebrate Every Day is Tag Day™?